Dear Club Member
Only 50 days until spring so here is a bit of Club news to help you through until planting season.
- Our AVGVG 2014 Weigh Off video is done and has been uploaded to YouTube. This video is about 5 minutes long and features a wide and varied cast of characters. You can check this out at the following link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymqN3oAi2Ac
- We have struck a deal with Lahave Street Hydroponics and Garden Center that gets club members 10 % off their purchases at both their Bridgewater and New Minas locations. They have a wide variety of products such as nutrients, growing media and fungicides. Simply show your membership card to receive the discount in either location (new cards will be out with your 2015 Seed Pack). All of their information can be found at their web site : http://lahavestreethydroponics.ca/
- Our Annual Club Meeting will be held at Windermere Hall, February 23,2015 at 7:00pm. If you would like to serve on the executive or a committee please get in touch with Paul or come to the annualmeeting as elections will be held.
- If you do not have your 2015 dues paid yet please contact Kim ( email@example.com ) so that we do not miss you on our seed pack which will be available at our Annual Meeting on February 23,2015 or in the mail to you that same week.
- Seed Of the Year – If you have not voted we need your Votes for Seed of the Year this week !!!
We have two nominations this year and according to our rules you have until January 31,2015 to vote so that the winner will be included in the annual seed pack. The two nominations are:
1) Fred Ansems 145 lb English Green Marrow – The linage can be traced back to Arthur Shepperdson’s original 105 pounder that started us all down this giant marrow road.
2) Gerard Ansems 1727 Atlantic Giant Pumpkin. – 1622 Young x 1382 Bryson cross – This Pumpkin won the 2012 West Hants Pumpkin Festival and was ranked 11th in the world that year.
Remember each membership gets you two votes – Simply e-mail your votes (either #1 or#2 ) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner will be announced in early February and will be included in you annual seed pack.
- Seed Pack : We will be putting the 2015 seed packs together the middle of February so if you have anything to be included please contact either Gerard ( email@example.com ) or Paul (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make arrangements. We would like to thank all those who have contributed so far this year.
A big thank you to Brian Kenneally who has done a fantastic job on seed sales and raffles this year. A full report of Brian’s activities will be available at our annual meeting. Remember its only 58 days till spring so now is the time to plan and get all of those strategies in place for a very successful 2015 growing season. Helpful tips can always be found on our web site (www.avgvg.com) or on our Facebook Page
and don’t forget to follow our web site for new postings or Like us on Facebook