We are well into the gardening season and the weather has finally turned for the better. Many of the Giants are really starting to take off which is encouraging to us growers. If you have not had anything to pollinate don’t fear there is still plenty of time and as has been proven of the years you can catch up very quickly.
Below are a few club notes to keep in mind :
- Due to scheduling issues our patch tour that was cancelled will not be rescheduled. We do encourage everyone to visit another patch if you have the opportunity and see what your fellow club member is up to this year.
- We want to offer a warm welcome to our latest new club members-1) The Randell Family(Paul,Donna,Victoria and Phillip) from New Minas . And 2) Egidio Mereco all the way from Arezzo, Italy. Welcome to Everyone
- Glad Gardens Weigh Off Update : We have received funding from both the Province of Nova Scotia and the Municipality of the County of Kings for our event. Letters will be going out this week for our other sponsors to look for there assistance again this year. Should you have any business in mind please contact Paul with the information.
- If you get in a situation where you do not have a flower to pollinate you Pumpkin or Squash be sure to check with a fellow club member. There are lots of plants around and I am sure someone will have a flower to help you get that Giant started.
- Important Dates to Remember
- July 27th – Annual Family BBQ (More information to follow )
- August 24th – Weigh Off Planning Meeting – Windermere Hall, Berwick
- Hants County Ex – Pumpkin and Squash Weighing -Thursday Night September 10, 7:00 PM
- September 25&26 – 7th Annual AVGVG Glad Gardens Weigh Off
- 5.October 3rd – 31st Windsor-West Hants Pumpkin Weigh Off