Annapolis Valley Giant Vegetable Growers
Hall Of Honor – Seed of the Year
Please Click here for your 2018 Seed of the Year Rules : Seed of the Year 2018 Rules
2017 Seed of the Year Winner
2016 Seed of the Year Winner
2015 Seeds of the Year Winners
2014 Seed of the Year Winners – Bill and Dawn Northrup
2013 Seed of the Year Winner – Andrew Ansems
2012 Seed of the Year Winner – Bill Smeltzer
2011 Seed of the Year Winner Frank A.
2016 Seed of the Year Process
Each year the members of the club will select one seed either fruit or vegetables to be grown the following year as the “Seed of the Year”. Each member will have a chance to nominate, be nominated and to grow the selected fruit or vegetable. All club members choosing to grow the Seed of the Year will be entered in a special club contest for an additional prize. The rules of the “Seed of the Year” contest are as follows:
“Seed of the Year” Selection
· Any club members fruit or vegetable seed can be nominated
· Nominations will take place from December 1st to December 31st each year
· You must be a club member to nominate a seed and the nomination must be for either your own seed or another club member’s seed.
· All nominations will be confirmed with the nominee to ensure that they will be able to provide enough seeds for the annual seed packs.
· The nominated list will be published the first week of January and you will have until the 20th of January to cast your vote via e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Each membership gives you two chances to vote.
· Once the votes have been tabulated then the winner will be announced by the end of January to ensure that the seed will be included in the seed pack.
All votes will remain confidential.
Fruit or Vegetable
· The prize for winning the “Seed of the Year” contest will be $100.00
· The entrants must be have their fruit or vegetable weighed at a recognized weigh off and submit the results via e-mail : email@example.com
· The winner will be announced at the Club Christmas Social that takes place each year in early December.
· The winner will have his/her picture posted on our web site.
Members are encouraged to submit all entries whether they are from their own seeds or from another members seeds. Keep in mind that all entrants will be contacted to ensure they can donate the required number of seeds for the member seed packs.