Join the Club Today
Below are just a few of the benefits of being a member of the AVGVG:
• The Club meets the third Sunday of each month at the Waterville Fire Hall, Waterville, Nova Scotia to discuss club business, plan events, listen to guest speakers and trade various gardening tips. Minutes are kept and distributed to each member via e-mail.
• We conduct training sessions from time to time through various guest speakers and patch tours with hands on demonstrations.
• Each February /March you will receive a seed packet containing various giant vegetable seeds from our club members. This process not only promotes the exchange of seeds but it will also give you some seeds to possibly grow a new type of vegetable. Members are expected to also contribute some of their seeds (in January) for distribution in the packet.
• From time to time the club will conduct seed sales and auctions on the internet. (www.bigpumpkins.com ) This not only allows people to buy our seeds but it helps raise money to help offset some of the clubs costs.
• Each September we have a club weigh off at Glad Gardens in Waterville, Nova Scotia. This weigh off allows the club members to display and compete in 14 categories of vegetables both adult and Young Gardner’s classes. Our weigh off is now a certified GPC site with results being posted worldwide and opening up even more prize opportunities from the organization
• The AVGVG maintains a web site (www.avgvg.com) where we post growers news, pictures, growing information, links to suppliers and general information about the club.
• Networking is an important part of learning. Our members conduct patch tours and are available to give tips and advice on any number of growing subjects.
If you are not in the area then we hope you will take advantage of the online activities and keep informed by visiting our web site on a regular basis. If you are local then we look forward to seeing you at our monthly meeting or visiting with you in your or one of the many growers patches.
Just Click here to Download our Club Brochure and Application Form: